Never, Never, NEVER Give Up
Training or Resources for Suicide Prevention
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer):
QPR is a FREE 90 minute suicide prevention gatekeeper training that covers what to look for, how to be comfortable asking someone if they are thinking about suicide, and the importance of connection and referring to resources. If you or your organization is interested in a FREE training, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 719-252-7895
Counseling on Access to Lethal Means
Free Online Training
Reducing access to lethal means, such as firearms and medication, can determine whether a person at risk for suicide lives or dies.
This course is about how to reduce access to the methods people use to kill themselves. It covers who needs lethal means counseling and how to work with people at risk for suicide—and their families—to reduce access.
This course earned two awards in 2019:
- Bronze Digital Health Award
- Bronze Omni Award
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain that reducing access to lethal means is an evidence-based strategy for suicide prevention.
- Explain how reducing access to lethal means can prevent suicide.
- Identify clients for whom lethal means counseling is appropriate.
- Describe strategies for raising the topic of lethal means, and feel more comfortable and competent applying these strategies with clients.
- Advise clients on specific off-site and in-home secure storage options for firearms and strategies to limit access to dangerous medications.
- Work with your clients and their families to develop a specific plan to reduce access to lethal means and follow up on the plan over time.
24 Hour Resources:
Please note that the *988 Suicide Hotline will NOT be in effect until 2022!